1965 marks the starting point of one of the most successful rock bands of our time. Hailing from Hannover, Germany, the SCORPIONS embarked on a journey that would lead them around the globe and would establish them as one of the greatest rock bands of all time.
With the November 6 release of the 50th-anniversary deluxe editions, the SCORPIONS celebrate their impressive achievements and open their vaults to unleash hitherto unreleased songs, alternate versions of big hits, rough mixes and rare live concert footage.
In addition to dozens of previously unheard studio tracks and live recordings, all CD releases are contain extended booklets featuring rare photos and, single covers, backstage passes and additional liner notes by Edgar Klüsener, a former editor in chief of Metal Hammer who has followed the band’s career closely over several decades. Five of the eight albums are accompanied bya DVD that contains live concert footage from the respective period, together with TV performances and in-depth interviews with the band. In these interviews, they talk about the background history and the creative process of each of these albums: “Lovedrive”, “Blackout”, “Love At first Sting”, “World Wide Live” and “Savage Amusement”.
The remastered LP formats are released on 180-gram vinyl in a sleeve replicating the first pressing. They also come with an audio CD, featuring the original track listing and the same bonus audio as the CD formats. A limited and numbered deluxe box set will contain all remasted vinyl discs.
SCORPIONS said: “It’s hard to summarize 50 years in words, but listening back to all those songs — many of them them previously unreleased — recorded in one of our most creative periods, really took us back in time. This was a very heartfelt project for all of us. It brought back great memories whilst we rediscovered our musical DNA by listening to the archives, selecting dozens of unreleased songs and early versions of well-known SCORPIONS anthems. We really worked on the material to improve the sound quality, but always taking great care to preserve its original feel.”
“Savage Amusement” reissue track listing:
01. Don’t Stop At The Top
02. Rhythm Of Love
03. Passion Rules The Game
04. Media Overkill
05. Walking On The Edge
06. We Let It Rock…You Let It Roll
07. Every Minute Every Day
08. Love On The Run
09. Believe In Love
10. Taste Of Love (previously unreleased demo song)
11. Edge Of Time (previously unreleased demo song)
12. Don’t Wait Too Long (previously unreleased demo song)
13. Fast And Furious (previously unreleased demo)
14. Dancing In The Moonlight (previously unreleased demo)
15. Living For Tomorrow (previously unreleased demo song)
16. I Can’t Explain
01. Rhythm Of Love (video clip)
02. Passion Rules The Game (video clip)
03. Believe In Love (video clip)
04. I Can’t Explain (video clip)
* Documentary with clips and live material “To Russia With Love”
* Interview special with R. Schenker, K. Meine, M. Jabs, H. Rarebell
Audio samples of the “Savage Amusement” reissue are available below.