Alexi Laiho of Finnish metallers CHILDREN OF BODOM turned the Senate Square in Helsinki, Finland into an amazing metal arena this past Friday, August 14. Alexi composed a commissioned song for the Helsinki Festival, and he invited 100 electric guitarists to join him in performing it on the big stage.
Alexi’s core backing band for the performance consisted of the following musicians:
* Kie Von Hertzen (VON HERTZEN BROTHERS, DON HUONOT) – Guitar
* Archie Cruz (SANTA CRUZ) – Guitar
* Samy Elbanna (LOST SOCIETY) – Guitar
* Timo Kämäräinen (TOOT TOOT) – Guitar
* Tommy Armstrong-Leavitt – Guitar
* Jyri Helko (FOR THE IMPERIUM) – Bass
* Janne Wirman (CHILDREN OF BODOM) – Keyboards
* Jaska Raatikainen (CHILDREN OF BODOM) – Drums
Check out video footage of the performance below.
For more information, visit www.100guitarsfromhel.fi.
CHILDREN OF BODOM’s ninth studio album, “I Worship Chaos”, will be released on October 2 via Nuclear Blast. The artwork for the CD was created by Finnish artist Tuomas Korpi.
“I Worship Chaos” was once again recorded at Helsinki, Finland’s Danger Johnny Studios and was produced by CHILDREN OF BODOM and Mikko Karmila, who worked with the band on their earlier albums “Halo Of Blood”, “Hatebreeder”, “Follow The Reaper” and “Hate Crew Deathroll”. The CD was mixed and mastered at Finnvox Studios in Helsinki, Finland.