Vinyl-Blog.com has uploaded an unboxing video for the limited-edition vinyl version of SLAYER‘s newly released eleventh studio album, “Repentless”. Check it out below.
“Repentless” was released on September 11 via Nuclear Blast. The follow-up to 2009’s critically acclaimed, Grammy-nominated “World Painted Blood” was produced by Terry Date, who has previously worked with PANTERA, DEFTONES and SOUNDGARDEN.
“Repentless” was made available in a wide array of formats, as detailed below:
* Limited CD + Blu-ray digipak (includes Blu-ray of “Slayer Live at Wacken 2014” and the “Making of Repentless” documentary)
* Limited CD + DVD digipak (includes DVD of “Slayer Live at Wacken 2014” and the “Making of Repentless” documentary)
* Strictly limited 12-inch sized Box (includes CD + Blu-ray digipak, DVD, exclusive Repentless 12-inch picture vinyl, “Slayer Live at Wacken 2014” CD, 12-inch photo card, 12-inch fold-out poster)
* CD jewel case
* Vinyl in gatefold (audio mastered for vinyl)
* Digital (all digital platforms)
* Limited edition “Metal Eagle Edition”
The artwork was created by Brazilian artist Marcelo Vasco in collaboration with the band’s Tom Araya and Kerry King.
The “Repentless” title track is an ode to SLAYER‘s late guitarist, Jeff Hanneman, who passed away in 2013. “I call it the Hannemanthem!” SLAYER guitarist Kerry King said of the song. “I wrote that for Jeff. Oh, dude, it’s fast as fuck. You don’t know what the fuck’s coming!”
He added: “It’s my perspective of Jeff‘s perspective. It’s what I think… If Jeff wrote a song for himself, ‘Repentless’ would be it.”