Video footage of the members of SLAYER discussing the writing of their new song “Cast The First Stone” can be seen below.
SLAYER guitarist Kerry King previously told Rolling Stone that he got the idea for the track while walking around Greece, thinking about all of the bloodshed that took place there over the centuries.
“It’s just about battle, not a particular battle,” he said. “You cast the first stone, I’m gonna win.”
“Cast The First Stone” is taken from SLAYER’s eleventh album, “Repentless”, which was released on September 11 via Nuclear Blast. The follow-up to 2009’s critically acclaimed, Grammy-nominated “World Painted Blood” was produced by Terry Date, who has previously worked with PANTERA, DEFTONES and SOUNDGARDEN.
“Repentless” was made available in a wide array of formats, as detailed below:
* Limited CD + Blu-ray digipak (includes Blu-ray of “Slayer Live at Wacken 2014” and the “Making of Repentless” documentary)
* Limited CD + DVD digipak (includes DVD of “Slayer Live at Wacken 2014” and the “Making of Repentless” documentary)
* Strictly limited 12-inch sized Box (includes CD + Blu-ray digipak, DVD, exclusive Repentless 12-inch picture vinyl, “Slayer Live at Wacken 2014” CD, 12-inch photo card, 12-inch fold-out poster)
* CD jewel case
* Vinyl in gatefold (audio mastered for vinyl)
* Digital (all digital platforms)
* Limited edition “Metal Eagle Edition”
The artwork was created by Brazilian artist Marcelo Vasco in collaboration with the band’s Tom Araya and Kerry King.